What is the purpose of the Sigma Chi Membership Directory?
The Sigma Chi Membership Directory is the Fraternity's publication that features contact information for initiated members. It is also currently the most up-to-date and complete reference of the Fraternity's members available.
This comprehensive volume includes the name and academic, business, professional, residential and family information for the Fraternity's members. The most recent edition lists alumni by chapter and by geographic location.
The directory enables brothers to find one another and to keep in touch. Sigma Chi creates a membership directory every five years. In order to create this resource, the Fraternity collects the most accurate and up-to-date information possible from its members. This allows us to keep in touch with members and to let them know, through future communications, what is happening with the Fraternity.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information. They said they were working on a directory for Sigma Chi. Is this a legitimate project, or is it a scam?
We have partnered with Publishing Concepts Inc. (PCI) to produce our new membership directory. PCI is a company in Dallas that publishes directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities and military organizations across the nation. This project allows Sigma Chi Headquarters to receive important updates to our database so we know more about our members and how we can better serve you and future members.
- How do I know my information will only be used for directory purposes?
Sigma Chi has a contractual agreement with PCI that states:
a. The names, addresses and information provided to PCI by Sigma Chi for the publication of the directory will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the directory and except as required by court order or law.
b. The directory will be made available only to members of Sigma Chi. Upon completion of the project, PCI will return to Sigma Chi any and all electronic files that have been supplied by Sigma Chi or produced by PCI in connection with the production of the directory.
- I would like to verify and update my information. How may I do this?
If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the Sigma Chi project. The representative will verify all the information we have on file for you and make any updates where needed. The number for Sigma Chis is (866) 927-9323.
If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information. If you have questions, you may call PCI’s customer service desk at (800) 395-4724.
- Can anyone purchase a directory?
The Sigma Chi Membership Directory is available for sale only to Sigma Chis.
- When will I receive my directory?
The total duration of the directory project is about 12 months. Since we began the project in October of 2013, the directories will be distributed in October of 2014 for the 2015 Edition.
- I ordered a package containing the Discounted Companion Airline Certificate, but I haven’t received the postcard requesting verification of my address.
For those who purchase a package containing the discounted companion airline certificate, they will receive a postcard within two to three weeks and will direct them to go to the PCI website to initiate the certificate process by entering their ID number and order number, which is shown on the postcard, and verify their mailing address. Alternatively, the buyer can call a toll free number, which is also shown on the postcard, and leave a voicemail to initiate the certificate process.
After verifying your address you will receive a tri-fold certificate so you can begin to make your travel arrangements.
Basics of the certificate program:
- The discounted companion airline certificate allows the holder to purchase two round-trip tickets for one low price.
The certificate is:
- Two tickets for one low price
- Two hundred continental United States destinations
- NO BLACKOUT DATES
- Forty-plus airline carriers
- Online booking 24/7
- Seven-day advance purchase
- Frequent-flier miles for both passengers
- Low-price guarantee
- Fully transferrable
- Basics of the certificate program:
- Can I choose some or all of my information not to be printed in the directory?
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative what information you would prefer to have excluded. You may also communicate this information to the PCI customer service desk at (800) 395-4724 or to Sigma Chi International Fratenity Headquarters.
- I ordered a directory/package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do I do this?
Call the PCI customer service help desk at (800) 395-4724, and they will take care of this for you.